British & Irish Lions Tour
Thousands of Lions fans guaranteed their place on the 2009 British & Irish Lions Tour with England Rugby Travel, an Official Licensed Operator for the tour to South Africa. With victory in the final test match, supporters experienced a superb climax to the adventure.
The range of tours offered plenty of options from weekend packages, two and three test match options, stop-overs in Mauritius, through to the full five week tour. With these full tours selling out, plently more fans travelled to South Africa with the remaining ticket and big bar packages to guarantee officially reserved match seating.
England Rugby Travel's official travel package options included:
- Guaranteed official match tickets
- Exclusive access to the Official Supporter Village on test match day, with free food, drinks (two drinks vouchers) and live entertainment
- Optional exclusive official adidas merchandise and clothing, including the official 2009 replica jersey
- Experienced, friendly and welcoming England Rugby Travel staff in attendance throughout
- England Rugby Travel's tickets were officially allocated, guaranteed and included within all of our packages. Match tickets were in blocks with other Lions fans to ensure everyone was part of that special matchday atmosphere.
- The location of hotels is important and all of our packages detailed the exact hotel guests were staying in, there was no 'generic option'.
- In our hotel and big bar packages, we picked up from the hotel(s) and took everyone to and from the test matches, all included.
Tour Options and Excursions
- South Africa has some great places to visit and guests could select the excursions they were interested in whilst booking online as part of their overall package.
- All packages included FREE and EXCLUSIVE access to the England Rugby Travel big bars within the Official Supporter Village at each of the test match stadia on matchdays. They offered a great place for fans to be both before and after the match with a superb atmosphere to enjoy a drink or two (two drinks vouchers were included).
Kit and Merchandise
- The England Rugby Travel 'full tour' packages all included the official kit including the shirt, fleece, polo-shirt and bag, and all travellers had the option to purchase plenty more top quality items from the official adidas British & Irish Lions merchandise range.
- You could save a commenced booking at anytime and re-visit all of the bookings you have saved by simply clicking on the 'Login' button at the top right of the page. Using the registration details (e-mail address and password) you provided during step one of the booking process, you could access all of your saved bookings.
- England Rugby Travel’s dedicated customer service ensured that you were taken care of throughout the booking process and after. Our travel advisers were able to assist with all of your needs.
- Once on tour, England Rugby Travel’s experienced and friendly representatives were with you or on call 24/7, so all of our customers could feel safe in the knowledge that help is always on hand should it be required.
- England Rugby Travel has 25 years of experience running supporter tours throughout the world, including South Africa, which ensured that you our guests travelled with complete piece of mind.
England Rugby Supporters Club / Twickenham Debenture Ticket Holders
- England Rugby Supporters Club members and Twickenham debenture ticket holders also received great discounts on all of the packages on offer. By entering their ERSC / Twickenham debenture number at the beginning of the booking process, the discount was automatically taken off the tour price.